For Online or Face-to-face
Individual, Couple, or Family Counselling, Treatment of Diagnosed Depression/Anxiety and
and/or Prayer/Spiritual Support with
MAASW (Adv. Accr) MACSW Clinical Div
BSW (Curtin) MA (Counselling)
BEd (Science) Grad. Dip. Management
Counsellor, Medicare Provide, Supervisor and Training Consultant
Senior Consultant for Converge International
Veterans & Veterans Families Counselling Service Provider
Department of Veterans Affairs Provider
Insurance Commission of WA Provider
Listed as a Blue Knot Foundation Trauma-informed Service
For info Phone: 0408 890 887
(please allow one day for replies to messages)
NB Medicare rebates are available if you see a GP for a mental healthcare plan
38 Granville Way (cnr High Road), Willetton
Western Australia 6155
Medicare Provider 442250BY
For Appointments Phone/SMS 0408 890 887
Stirk Medical Group
32 Newburn Road
Western Australia 6057
Medicare Provider 4422502X
For Appointments Phone 9454 5233
To mail: PO Box 260
To email: email@example.com
This is NOT an emergency service. For Western Australian mental health emergencies please contact the Mental Health Emergency Response Line on 1300 555 788
attend the nearest Emergency Department of a hospital.
Alternatively contact Lifeline on
13 11 14.
Other support services:
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 - for 24/7 telephone counselling for young people 5-25 years
Suicide Callback Service: 1300 659 467 - for 24/7 telephone crisis support for people at-risk of suicide, carers and bereaved
MensLine Australia: 1300 78 99 78 - for 24/7 telephone and online support, information and referral services for men
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 - for 24/7 telephone support and online chat 4pm - 10pm (AEST)
Meth Helpline : 1800 874 878 - The Meth Helpline is a free confidential telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone concerned about their own or another person's meth use.
1800RESPECT - 1800 737 732 - 24 hour 7 days a week, confidential telephone and online support - 1800RESPECT is not only a support service for people affected by sexual assault, domestic and family violence. It is also an information and support service for family, friends, and frontline workers.
Acknowledgement of sources of graphics used on this web site:
Permission given on 27 Nov 2016 by Danny Silk for #KYLO (Keep Your Love On) and lovingonpurpose.com;
Permission given on 27 Nov 2016 by Kris Vallotton for #KVM (Kris Vallotton Ministries).
EverWeb public domain images
Brett Jones Online Free Stock Photos: http://brentjonesonline.com/blog/blogging/where-to-find-free-stock-photos/
Marriage Counselling in Perth
Trauma Counselling in Perth
Family Counselling in Perth
Christian Counselling in Perth
Counselling for depression in Perth
Counselling for anxiety in Perth
Counsellor is sometimes misspelled as counselor, councelor, councellor or councillor and Counselling is sometimes spelled as counselin.,
Suburbs serviced include Shelley, Rossmoyne, Willetton, Parkwood, Ferndale, Bull Creek, Lynwood, Wilson, Cannington, Canning Vale, Leeming, Salter Point, Waterford, Karawara, Brentwood, Murdoch, Welshpool, Huntingdale, Victoria Park, Gosnells, Martin, Piara Waters, Jandakot, Bibra Lake, Cockburn Central, South Perth, Melville, Samson, North Lake, Myaree, Alfred Cove, Rivervale, Burswood,Orange Grove, Belmont, Ascot, South Guildford, Guildford, Hazelmere, Woodbridge, Midvale, Swan View, Greenmount, Helena Valley,Maida Vale, Gooseberry Hill, Kalamunda, Lesmurdie, Walliston, Carmel, Bickley, Forrestfield, O'Connor Individual counselling anger management counselling marriage counselling couple counselling child counselling parenting counselling sexual abuse counselling, self-harma nd suicide counselling trauma counselling relationship counselling stress management Self esteem and personal development adolescent counselling
More Hope More Calm Get on Better
ABN 80 483 081 209
Profile/Counsellor's Background and Training:
Owen taking part in a men’s event - The Crucible Project.
Owen Robinson qualified as a counsellor in 1995 after a long career as a secondary teacher and careers counsellor. Owen has professional specialist titles: clinical social worker; accredited mental health social worker; he provides clinical supervision for several other clinicians.
To visit Owen’s LinkedIn Profile click here.
Owen has a background of:-
• private practice since 1999;
• management of a branch of Relationships Australia, one of Australia's largest relationship counselling organisations;
• 5 years as a case manager in community and inpatient adult mental health;
• 5 years managing a school counselling service at one of Perth’s oldest private secondary Colleges.
He has been married since 1984 and has 2 adult children. His other qualifications include:
• a Masters degree in Counselling (La Sierra University),
• a post-graduate Diploma of Management (University of Newcastle),
• and Bachelors Degrees in Social Work (Curtin University of Technology) and in Education (Avondale College of Higher Education).
Owen is Accredited for Medicare rebates and has a current Working with Children Check (available to view upon request). Most of Owen's work has been with adults and high school aged children, although Owen does see younger children too.
Owen has a Christian world view and sees people from Christian and other spiritual belief systems. His approach is holistic and Owen is willing to include your value system in your counselling sessions. Owen may ask you if you want prayer and you are welcome to decline. Owen has broad training in treatment/counselling models other than Christian Counselling. Helpful insights from your own belief system will be encouraged by Owen.
Owen is registered with Blue Knot Foundation (formerly Adult Survivors of Child Abuse) as a trauma-informed clinician and is very experienced at treating trauma symptoms.
This service acknowledges the importance of clinical supervision in the provision of safer and more effective professional services and self-care of the clinician.
Owen is very experienced and skilled in these areas:
managing anxiety or panic attacks
valuing self more
communicating better in relationships
boundary setting in relationships
managing adult relationships after childhood emotional neglect
depression managment; suicide thought reduction
bereavement/coping with grief and loss
symptom management for bipolar affective disorder and other mental health conditions
alcohol and other drug problems
relationship problems with children
relationship problems or conflict with couples
clarifying career and life path direction
personal understanding and growth
To get a more detailed picture of Owen's specialise skills and interests click here
The therapist does NOT specialise in some fields and prefers to not take referrals for:
Pregnancy termination counselling
Treating fixed delusional thoughts
Treating serious or life threatening eating disorders
Gender identity or sexual preference issues. (a client’s preferred goals and values in this area will be respected and not determined by the therapist)
Psychometric testing for assessing specific learning difficulties
Owen is able to provide treatment for post-abortion grief/trauma for women and for men; Owen does not provide pregnancy termination counselling unless a woman wants to know more about abortion grief/trauma.
Key Contributions & Achievements
Public lectures on Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Complex Trauma, ‘Rising from the Ashes,’ to survivors and emergency personnel involved in the Parkerville bushfire in 2014.
Involvement with estabishing MATES, a service of Abortion Grief Australia (Men's Abortion Trauma Experiences Sharing): rebuilding lives, relationships and families.
Family & Domestic Violence (FDV) Service
Involvement in a variety of FDV related activities includes:
• writing a gender-neutral abusive behaviours screening tool for identifying the extent of FDV taking place in a relationship (2003-present);
• member of Fremantle regional FDV Committee 2004;
• vice-chair of the Eastern Region Domestic Violence Regional Committee (2006) - now known as Domestic Violence Agencies Network (DVAN) - East Metro;
• delivery of FDV Screening training to staff from Maternity and Antenatal at Armadale Health Service (2009);
• presenting at the annual WA Health Consumer's Conference on FDV initiatives at Armadale Health Service (2011);
• serving on the Armadale Health Service FDV Committee (2008-2011);
• writing the online staff training module on FDV for Armadale Health Service (2009; 2011);
• delivery of FDV screening training to staff from Armadale Health Service Mental Health Social Workers (2012);
• member of the White Ribbon Day Committee - City of Armadale 2011;
• FDV Professional Development provider to: Mental Health Professional Network (Midland); Mental Health Professional Network (Fremantle) and to the WA chapter of the Christian Counsellor's Association in 2013;
• public lecture Responding to FDV in Churches – Connections Counselling – 2016;
• training on trauma and family violence for Diploma students with the Australian Institute of Family Counselling in 2016.
• public lecture Responding to FDV in Churches – Newspring Church - 2017
Group Therapy Facilitation
• Group Co-facilitation: Family Abuse Integrated Response (FAIR) group for perpetrators of domestic violence (2004-5);
• Co-facilitating Art as Therapy groups with other Mead Centre Case Managers (2008);
• Other Therapeutic Group Co-facilitation: 'Bradshaw on the Family' Therapy Group (2005); Parenting Pre-teens Group (2004); Mum's Support Group (1993); Dad's Support Group (1993).
Community & Education
• Serving on the Sexual Abuse Taskforce for the Western Australian Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (3 years) including assisting in the planning of a three-day conference on Sexual Abuse in Faith Communities;
• Co-authoring Student Support Services accreditation criteria for schools in the South Pacific Division of Seventh-day Adventist Education;
• Training the state/regional administrators of the South Pacific Division of Seventh-day Adventist Education Department in Critical Incident Management;
• Managing a student counselling service for a private College for 5 years;
• Speaking at a New Zealand Teacher's Conference on Critical Incident Management.
Academic & Professional
• Membership on the Curtin University of Technology Vice-Chancellor's List in 2002 in recognition of being in the top 1% of students in the school of Social Work and Social Policy.
• Accredited Mental Health Social Worker status from professional body 2010-present (with Advanced Accreditation).
• Former member of the Mental Health Professional Network (Midland) and Mental Health Professional Network (Fremantle);
• Current member of the Mental Health Professional Network (Cancer Patients and their Caregivers); Perth Complex Trauma Mental Health Professional Network; regular participant at WA Clinical Oncology Group.
• Current member of the Mental Health Social Workers in Private Practice National Forum.
• Joint-coordinator of the 2016 Mental Health Social Workers in Private Practice National Conference
• Admitted to the Australian College of Social Work Clinical Division (2016)
Group and Peer Supervision Provision
• 2006-7 staff peer supervisor Midland Branch of Relationships Australia
• 2016 group supervisor with Connections Counselling